Okay so today, I’m in a hurry. I want to keep my commitment to a weekend photograph/digital art and making something whether it’s a card or something else. But I am driving to San Jose today soo… not sure what to do. First I checked the photo challenges for the week. I hit the onblogging.net photo prompts page to see if I could find something simple and quick, clicking the links to different folk’s photo prompts. They are all weekly which helps. You might want to look at these too in case there is a photo challenge you’d like to join
Sunday Challenges (7/29) (because today’s Sunday, some of them don’t have a post up yet on the day but they have post of monthly prompts so I used those and the link is to the blog, post will probably be up later today)
- Second Wind Leisure Perspectives Sunday Stills Photo Challenge Drunk with… OR *Summer Drink
- Tourmaline One Word Photo Challenge: Positive
- Pix to Words Pic and a Word Challenge (not up yet, so don’t know the theme, it’ll be #150 when it goes up)
Saturday Challenges (7/28)
Friday Challenges (7/27)
- Traveling at Wits End Weekly Photo Challenge: Childhood
- K’lee and Dale’s Cosmic Photo Challenge: BEAUTIFUL SPIRITS OF THE NATURAL WORLD (prompt goes up on Friday, pingbacks are accepted on the Monday post so it’s actually a prompt for 7/30 Monday)
- Comedy-Plus Feline Friday — anything to do with cats, blog hop (a lot of people do pics of their cats, me too!)
Thursday Challenges (7/26)
- nancy merrill photography A Photo a Week Challenge: Neglected
- Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Benches
- Lost in Translation Thursday’s Special: PICK A WORD IN JULY – Y3 : canicular, splash, feathered, marine or scenic (actually a monthly one, but you can pick any word)
Wednesday Challenges (7/25)
- Cee’s Oddball Challenge : a photograph of anything odd
Tuesday Challenges (7/24)
- Dutch goes the Photo! Tuesday Photo Challenge – Wind
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Week 3 Photo – purple, colors, wood, garage, vintage car, etc. (prompt is a photo, so use any element in the photo as inspiration) Example: this week there is a drawing of a vintage purple car within the photo so your photo can have purple or something vintage or a drawing or a car)
Okay, still drawing a blank. Let’s see what Zazzle has on sale today. Okay 40% off is mugs and notebooks. Mugs are horizontal. Notebooks are vertical.
Klee’s and Dale’s Beautiful Spirits of the Natural World is the one beginning to pull at me. I have a couple of hawk pictures.
ok, i want to make it look more like a drawing, or maybe a vintage photo. So I’m going to try a couple things in Topaz and see what I like which means changing it into a tiff. In Topaz I tried some different effects like Cezanne, Cave Dweller, Decaying Laurels, and Chiaroscuro. I exported it back out and opened them in Photoshop then experimented with layering them and using blend modes in various combinations. What I ended up with was this with the second photo
I like it. It looks vintage. I don’t know what to do with it though. It’s not really a mug image. Maybe another card. It has a good space in there where people can write anything like “Hello from Arizona”. Yep, I’ll do the card.
And there we go. Card is done. Okay so the photo challenges i’ll submit this to are
- K’lee and Dale’s Cosmic Photo Challenge: BEAUTIFUL SPIRITS OF THE NATURAL WORLD
- Lost in Translation Thursday’s Special: PICK A WORD IN JULY – Y3 : feathered
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Week 3 Photo – vintage.
- Lens-Artists Photo Challenge: SOFT
What do you think of the hawk’s photo transformation?
I did this post as I started the process of choosing a photo challenge, choosing a fitting image for the challenge, changing the pic,deciding what real physical thing to use the photo for and then finally showing the final product. Did you enjoy the process, seeing the various photo challenges out there and their prompts, and how I ended up with what I did? Or do you prefer just cutting to the chase, show the pic and the final with listing only the chosen photo challenges?
disclaimer: as a designer of the cards, Zazzle gives me a royalty if anyone buys anything with my design. As an associate, I may earn a commission if someone buys something by clicking links on this page whether or not I’m the designer.